DURAL RUGBY CLUB / WALLA TAG SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Blogs provide important community building and communication tools for Dural Rugby Club’s administrators, Clubs, Districts, players and fans.
This Policy aims to establish a culture of openness, trust and integrity and promote positive use of social media while maintaining appropriate management and control. Negative comments and images, bullying, criticism, racist or sexist remarks can be harmful to both people and the image of Rugby. Our guiding values of Integrity, Passion, Solidarity, Discipline, Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Principles and Sportsmanship apply on the field, on the sidelines and equally off the field in our social media channels.
All persons involved with Dural Rugby Club including administrators, players, parents, coaches, Club and District officials or volunteers are covered by this policy and are also required to adhere to the ARU Member Protection Policy as it relates to Social Media. Refer to http://www.aru.com.au/runningrugby/PolicyRegister.aspx
All players, parents, teams, team managers, officials and administrators should ensure that:
- Dural Rugby Club / Dural Rugby Walla Tag’s name and logo are never used in a way that would have a negative impact on the competition, Clubs, Districts and/or its members, affiliates or sponsors;
- They respect the rights and confidentiality of others;
- They treat all social media postings, blogs, status updates and tweets as public “comment”;
- No personal information is disclosed;
- No comments which are critical of team mates, coaches, officials, administrators, volunteers, spectators, opposition teams, affiliates or sponsors are made via social media platforms;
- No bullying, intimidating, racist, sexist or humiliating comments are posted;
- No defamatory, offensive or threatening language is used.
Clubs, Districts and administrators should ensure that the electronic communication:
- Is restricted to Club and District matters;
- Does not bring the Club District, SJRU or affiliates into disrepute;
- Respects the privacy of members;
- Is not misleading, false or injurious of other persons;
- Must not offend, intimidate, humiliate or bully another person.
Content which breaches this Policy should be immediately removed and individuals who post or share content which breaches the Policy more than once should be blocked from all platforms. Members may face disciplinary action for sending inappropriate electronic communication or posting online content or comments that harass, offend, intimidate or humiliate another member. Cyber bullying is a criminal offence that may be reported to the police. In addition, members who publish false or misleading comments about another person in the public domain may be liable for defamation.